Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Recognize early prostate cancer

Healthy life
This Article Could Save Your Life, Please Forward to Everyone You Know with Prostate
Extended Article: Original short version was printed in the newspaper August 9 – 14th, 2009
My father and brother both died of prostate cancer. I am still fine, but at age 45, I want to do everything I can now to avoid prostate cancer. Truthfully, I am terrified. I’m a faithful reader, and I value your opinion. Can you give me more information? –M.M. Phoenix, Arizona
Answer: Prostate cancer is the third most common cause of death from cancer in men of all ages, and most common cause of death from cancer in men over 75. Since the article you are currently reading is posted to my website (and not printed in the paper) I don’t have word limits (so I have more space) and I can elaborate on all the key points.

One thing I have to clear up is the myth that having frequent sex causes prostate problems. Even though a few studies pointed to that conclusion, I believe with all my heart that it is absolutely false. The research that I read said that study participants were asked in a questionnaire about their sexual activity during the year before they developed prostate cancer. Since all the men were having some sex in the year prior, the researchers decided that “sex causes prostate cancer.”
How stupid is that?! But leave it to mainstream media to get hold of a sensational headline like that and scare all the guys away from their wives and lovers. Like, prostate cancer (or wetting their pants) isn’t bad enough.
Here’s a better headline: “Frequent Sex May Lower Your Risk for Prostate Cancer”
Yes, this research was printed in the April 7 issue of JAMA (the Journal of the American Medical Association). The Harvard study showed that cancer risk was about 33% LOWER in men who had frequent sex (about 20 romps a month).
My conclusion is that the frequency of your sexual activities has nothing to do with the development of prostate cancer and if anything, it could lower your risk.
Now, one other matter that I need to clear up. Some men think that benign prostatic hypertrophy has nothing to do with cancer. That is not entirely true. BPH is always the initial step towards cancer. True it is NOT cancer, don’t freak out, but it is not a good thing for you, and if you don’t cure your BPH, then you are headed down a path that could lead to cancer. So take BPH seriously, don’t just brush it off. Some guys don’t even realize that they have the symptoms of BPH so here they are:
Pushing or straining to begin urination
• A weak urinary stream
• Dribbling after urination
• A frequent need to urinate, sometimes every 2 hours or less
• A recurrent, sudden, or uncontrollable urge to urinate
• Feeling the bladder has not completely emptied after urination
• Pain during urination
• Waking at night to urinate.
You want to see the connection of this article please : www.dearpharmacist.com

No comments:

Post a Comment